SuperMom...LOL!

SuperMom...LOL!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Saucey cooks again!

Ok, so I can't make up for not having posted recipes for a while but if you
Follow My Site,
then you will know when I have posted something.  That way you don't have to keep
checking...and then be disappointed that there is not a new recipe!  LOL

So I am posting the recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Rice from the old stand-by.  This
one has ZIP!  I love it!  My boys don't like pickles but they love the dinner!
I don't like cooking with regular rice so this improvement with Minute Rice makes
me a happy cook (especially since I'm on time restraints)!

BACON CHEESEBURGER RICE
(Sorry, didn't have time to get a pic!)

1 pound of ground beef
1 3/4 cups of water
2/3 cup of honey barbeque sauce  (I like Kraft)
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
2 teaspoons of minced onion
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 cups of Minute Rice
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
5 bacon strips (cooked and crumbled) or use Oscar Mayer Real Bacon in 2.8 pkg
already cooked and cut   :o)

In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef until no longer pink; drain. 
Add water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion, and pepper.
Bring to a boil; stir in the rice.  Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes (depends on the heat your
stovetop puts out).  Sprinkle with pickles and bacon.
I made this for the four of us but it serves about 5-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment