SuperMom...LOL!

SuperMom...LOL!

Monday, October 11, 2010

How Heavenly!

Ok, so tonight we had a great dinner!  It was really late...after the football game had only 45 seconds left and was called on the count of a huge rainstorm approaching with golfball size hail.  (They will have to play against them again...good since we were losing...bad cause the storm wound up going the other direction!) LOL
     So I had made a Slow-cooker dish, Heavenly Harvest Pork Roast from Disney Family, knowing the dish could cook while we were gone to Waco.  It was absolutely FANTASTIC!!  I just know you will want to try it.  All the "He-men" LOVED it!
Here is how you make it:
     First, I use the Rival Stoneware 6qt Crockpot.  I've used it for years and love it!

     Second, Ingredients:  1/4 cup pomegranate juice, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 TBSP salt, 1 TBSP Garlic salt, 1 TBSP Chicken Rub, 1 pork roast any type (4-5 lbs) I used Boston Butt, 2 pears, cored, peeled, and sliced thick, and a couple of orange slices.


STEP 1:  Combine the pomegranate juice and sugar in saucepan.  Cook over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.  Pour into a greased (you know me "PAM" it) crockpot at least 4 lbs.


STEP 2:  Blend salt, garlic salt, and chicken rub together and rub over the roast. (I did top and bottom sides.)  Place roast in crockpot.  Turn over to cover with juice mixture.  Top roast with pear and orange slices.

STEP 3:  Cover and cook for 8 hours or until tender.  Mine was extremely tender and Perfect! 

Just a hint about your crockpot.  If your Crockpot is less than a 5 qt capacity you want to be sure and cut your roast in half.  With my 6 qt. it was cooked through without cutting.
I served it with white rice because that is all I had time for but I would have loved to make bread with it!

As for now, Frugal Saucey Texan says, "Dig In, Folks!"


No comments:

Post a Comment